Music lovers: get paid to attend concerts or work behind the scenes...
The School of Music hires a large number of Federal work study students each semester. You do not need to be a music major to work for the School of Music or Department of Theatre.
Pay rate from $8.50/ hour to $10/hour based on qualifications.
Flexible hours, night and weekend hours.
Music students can fulfill concert attendance requirements.
Jobs 1) Title: Student Production Assistant or Student Production Associate
School of Music and Department of Theatre
Employer: Lori Arsenault, Performing Arts Operations and Concert Manager
Work expectation includes the following:
- House managers and ushers for music and theatre events
- Box office managers for music and theatre events
- Stage managers for music events
- Recording and editing technicians for music events
- Road crew for music events
- Public relations ambassadors for music and theatre events
- Library and archive work for music and theatre
- Conductor and equipment assistants, USM Youth Ensembles
To apply for a position, please choose the Student Job Experience Level that best describes your abilities and willingness to work, and e-mail or hand deliver it with a statement justifying that level based on your experience and proven leadership skills to:
Lori Arsenault, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207 Corthell Hall, USM Gorham campus, (207) 780-5142.
Jobs 2) Student Assistant / Student Associate
School of Music
Christenia Alden-Kinne, Administrative Specialist
- Library managers
- Ensemble managers
- Media Librarian
- Faculty assistants
- Office Staff
- Tutors / Group Study Leaders
To apply for a position, please e-mail a message indicating your interest and experience to Christenia Alden-Kinne, email@example.com.
===For student employees=============================
- MaineStreet login: https://peportal.maine.edu/psp/PAPRD89/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST - this form must be used in addition to confirmation of hours worked each week to your supervisor, either by a time sheet or a screen shot of time you entered in MaineStreet.
- Download Workstudy Time Sheet
- Download Electronic Time Sheet for e-mailing
- W-4 Federal revised 1-1-2012
- W-4 ME revised 4/18/2012
- I-9 with instructions
- Student employee break waiver
- Payroll direct deposit
===For office use only====================================