Thanks to everyone who participated in our 8th Annual Patient Safety Academy on September 29, 2017!
We had record attendance, engaging workingshops, and thought-provoking plenary sessions.
Rising Tide Awards were presented to 3 individuals who advance patient safetywithin Maine through their leadership, dedication and innovation. Congratulations to Dustin Butler, Jack Keith, and Marie Vienneau.
Health Literacy: What it is, Why it Matters, How you can Help. Helen Osborne, President of Health Literacy Consulting
Patient Safety and Quality Through the Prism of Ethics. Joel Bradley, MD.
Workshops: Three workshop sessions were led by regional experts.
10: 30 AM Morning Session I workshop options:
- Opioid Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution
- The Intersection between Worker and Patient Safety: Harmonizing Employee Health, Wellness and Safety
- The Price is Right and the Choice is Wise: Antibiotic Stewardship
- The Role of PT and OT in Fall Prevention
11:30 AM Morning Session II workshop options:
- Good Catch: the Story of a Near-Miss Reporting System
- Interdisciplinary Communication in Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Making Sense of System-based Safety: Fundamentals of a Patient Safety Event
2:45 PM Afternoon Session workshop options:
- Aging Doesn’t Have to Hurt: Developing a Pain Language Between Patient and Provider
- Fall Prevention: Assessing the 5Ps of Hourly Rounding
- Taking the Next Step: Improving Patient Safety through Health Literacy
- Transparent Communication Strategy for Infection Prevention and Control
Continuing Education Credit Certificates will be emailed to attendees. We are pleased to announce the Patient Safety Academy has been approved by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for 5 CPHQ continuing education hours. Additionally, the Academy meets the criteria of the Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety for 5 CPPS continuing education hours. EMS participants will receive 5 CEHs (combination of Prep & Ops, Assessment, and Medical continuing education hours) upon receipt of attendance.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
Patient Safety Academy team:
Karen Pearson, email@example.com
Judy Tupper, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Price, email@example.com
...A Rising Tide Raises All Boats...