Certificate of Graduate Study in Teaching ALL Students
This concentration is a subset of courses from the Teaching ALL Students master's concentration within the Special Education program. It is especially designed for educators who are working in general education; classroom teachers; and specialty teachers who would like to improve their skills and knowledge in working effectively with students with disabilities, who are gifted and talented, and/or are English language learners. The interdisciplinary nature of this concentration is unique, and also incorporates differentiated instruction, so educators can become more effective in working with all of their students.
Total Required Credits: 12
EDU 562 Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
SED 550 Teaching Gifted Students in the Regular Classroom
SED 615 Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
SED 618 Programming for Learners with Special Needs
For course descriptions, please click here: http://usm.maine.edu/sehd
Criteria for admission include successful completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and relevant professional experience. To earn a certificate, students must complete 75 percent of the required coursework at USM, and earn a grade of B (3.0) or better in each course.
Rolling with priority deadlines: May 1 for fall matriculation, October 15 for spring matriculation.
- Candidates should submit all application materials to the USM Office of Graduate Admissions, P.O. Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104-9300 by the application deadline.
Application must include:
- Application for Certificate Program, including a $25.00 nonrefundable application fee;
- Official transcripts or copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you received a degree;
- Current resume;
- Personal statement describing why you are applying to the program;
- Completed and signed Teacher Credential Summary Form.
Acceptance to a certificate program does not constitute acceptance to a master's or post-master's certificate of advanced study program. Applications for degree status must be made under separate cover.
NEWS FOR PROSPECTIVE AND CURRENT STUDENTS
It's not too early to think about summer. Online class search available now. Registration begins March 3. Check out our summer registration flyer!
Open House for Prospective Graduate Students
Monday, March 10
Abromson Center, USM Portland
FMI: Visit the Graduate Admissions website