Certificate of Graduate Study in Child & Family Policy & Management
Applications are not being accepted for this certificate for the 2016-17 academic year. To express your interest in this program, please contact:
Yuesung Kim, Chair, Graduate Program in Policy, Planning, and Management (MPPM); Assistant Professor, Phone: (207) 228-8152
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Child and Family Policy & Management provides an opportunity for students to gain the knowledge and competencies needed to affect change, guide policy development and implementation, and manage programs serving children and families.
The certificate is designed for child and family professionals, children's advocates, teachers, justice system personnel, policy makers, and others wishing for a better understanding of children and family policy and management.
The certificate emphasizes:
- integration of substantive knowledge and best practice;
- policy analysis, policy development and evaluation;
- organizational and management expertise;
- the legal system and its effect on children and families; and
- application to practice in substantive areas including early care and education, elementary and secondary education, welfare reform, child welfare, juvenile justice, family violence, and child and family mental and physical health.