Policy, Planning, and Management
Certificate of Graduate Study in Public and Nonprofit Management
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Public and Nonprofit Management is designed to provide traditional students, working professionals, and volunteers with cutting edge knowledge, skills and techniques to respond to the managerial and leadership challenges in nonprofit and public sectors.
The certificate is a stand-alone credential, or the 12 credits may be transferred into the Master's in Policy, Planning, and Management degree program.
Students select four courses (12 credits) including two required courses and two electives from the following list of approved courses. Other courses may be approved upon request.
Required Courses (6 credits)
Select two additional courses (6 credits) from the following:
- PPM 531 Measuring Performance in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors
- PPM 534 Managing Cities, Towns and Counties
- PPM 545 Grant Writing and Development
- PPM 560 Crisis and Risk Management
- PPM 632 Human Resource Management in Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- PPM 633 Strategic Planning in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors
- PPM 640 Public Finance and Budgeting
Other courses may be approved upon request.