The Multicultural Center provides a supportive and diverse environment for the USM campus community. The Center serves as a catalyst in creating community for students of color, where cultural activities and celebrations occur, and its affiliated student organizations meet. Through various programming, the Center explores critical issues on campus about race, class, ethnicity, nationality, culture, and most importantly, the success of our students. The Center is open to the entire USM Community. However, the Center has a unique role with regards to the support of students from marginalized communities and cultures. Please visit us at the Woodbury Campus Center on the Portland campus.
Supporting Student Success
We are committed to bringing out the best in our students. The Multicultural Center also provides a meeting place for multicultural groups to meet, computers for student use, mentoring programs, study groups, and student run programming through out the year.
Multicultural Student Groups:
- Multicultural Student Association
- Somali Student Association
- Asian American Student Association & Symposium
- Muslim Student Association
- International Student Organization of LAC
- Model United Nations Organization
- One Nation, Native American Student group
- Care International Chapter at USM
For a complete list of student groups, go here.