CEPARE conducts various Education Policy analysis and research studies. In addition, CEPARE co-directs the Maine Education Policy Research Institute (MEPRI), an entity jointly funded by the Maine State Legislature and the University of Maine System to conduct studies on Maine education policy and the public education system for the Maine Legislature.
- Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Educator Perceptions of Implementation
Amy Johnson, Erika Stump, June 2018
- Exploring Innovative Models for School Leadership in Maine
Janet C. Fairman, Ian M. Mette, June 2018
- A Review of Standardized Testing Practices and Perceptions in Maine
Janet Fairman, Amy Johnson, Ian Mette, Garry Wickerd, Sharon LaBrie, April 2018
- Teacher Turnover in Maine: Analysis of Staffing Patterns 2005-06 to 2016-17
Lisa Morris, Amy Johnson, April 2018
- Study of a Regional Approach for Delivering Special Education Programs and Services in Maine
Janet Fairman, Mary Ellen Seymour, March 2018
- Mobility in Maine Schools: Impact on Student Performance and Proficiency
Craig A. Mason, Shihfen Tu, March 2018
- Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Getting to Graduation
Erika Stump, Bernadette Doykos, Maria Rios Brache, March 2018
Allocation of Federal Title IA Funds Under ESSA: Issues and Recommendations
Amy Johnson, Janet Fairman, May 2017
Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Implementing a Standards-based System and Proficiency-based Graduation Policies in a Public High School (A Case Study)
Erika Stump, Erin Connor, Catherine Fallona, Bernadette Doykos, April 2017
- Working toward Implementation of Performance Evaluation and Professional Growth (PE/PG) Systems in Maine School Districts
Janet Fairman, Ian Mette, April 2017
Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Implications for Special Education and Career Technical Education Programming and Student Populations
Erika Stump, Amy Johnson, Cathy Jacobs, March 2017
Strategies Supports and Supervision of Teacher Leaders and Development of Future School Leaders
Ian M. Mette, Janet C. Fairman, Seyma Dagistan Terzi, February 2017
Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Implications for College and Career Access
Erika Stump, Janet Fairman, Bernadette Doykos, Paul Fink, January 2017
An Examination of Features of Evidence-based Teacher Credentialing Systems
Catherine Fallona, Amy Johnson, January 2017
- The Every Student Succeeds Act: A Summary of Federal Policy & Implications for Maine
Janet Fairman, Amy Johnson & Francis Ebherle, January 2017
- A Preliminary Investigation of Maine Virtual Charter School Costs Relative to the Essential Programs and Services Funding Model
Amy F. Johnson, Fleur Hopper, James E. Sloan, July 2016
- Piloting PE/PG Systems in Maine School Districts: Lessons Learned
Ian Mette, Janet Fairman, June 2016
- Recommendations and Resources for Evaluating Community Schools Programs
Janet C. Fairman, Amy F. Johnson, April 2016
- Successful Strategies and Challenges for Extended Learning Time Programs: Case Studies of Six Maine Schools
Ian Mette, Catharine Biddle, Janet C. Fairman, March 2016
- Proficiency-based High School Diploma Systems in Maine: Local Implementation of State Standards-based Policy. Phase IV Policy Report
Erika Stump, Bernadette Doykos, Catherine Fallona, March 2016
- Using Evidence-Based Criteria for Block Grant Funding of Collaborative Time for Educator Professional Development
Janet C. Fairman, A. James Artesani, February 2016
- Factors Influencing Parents' Decision to Use Public Pre-K Programs in Maine: Results of a Parent Survey
Janet C. Fairman, Mary Ellin Logue, Sharon LaBrie, February 2016
- An Examination of Using Social Impact Bonds to Fund Education in Maine
Erika K. Stump, Amy F. Johnson, January 2016
- Remedial Course Enrollments and Student Outcomes in Maine's Public Higher Education Institutions
Amy F. Johnson, January 2016
- Successful Strategies for Extended Learning Opportunities: A Literature Review of Academic Benefits and Beyond
Catharine Biddle, Ian Mette, January 2016
- Proficiency-Based Diploma Systems in maine: Implementing District-Level High School Graduation Policies, Phase III Technical Policy Report
Erika K. Stump, David L. Silvernail, June 2015
- Teacher Professional Evaluation and Professional Growth Systems in Maine: 2015 Report
Craig A. Mason, Shihfen Tu, June 2015
- Public Preschool Programs in Maine: Four Case Studies of Quality Programs
Mary Ellin Logue, Shihfen Tu, Susannah Fisher, Craig A. Mason, June 2015
- Preliminary Examinations of the Relationships Between the Use Levels of Maine Learning Technology Initiative Devices and School-Level Poverty
Bernadette Doykos, David L. Silvernail, Amy F. Johnson, March 2015
- Summer Learning Loss for Maine Public School Elementary Students
David L. Silvernail, Brian Mazjanis, January 2015
- Teacher Professional Evaluation and Professional Growth Systems in Maine: 2014 Report.
Craig A. Mason, Michael Porter, June 2014
- Linking Maine Department of Education and Maine Department of Health and Human Services Early Childhood Data.
Craig A. Mason, Shihfen Tu, Quansheng Song, June 2014
- Implementation of a Proficiency-Based Diploma System: Early Experiences in Maine.
Erika K. Stump, David L. Silvernail, May 2014
- Teaching and Learning 21st Century Skills in Maine.
Jason Charland, March 2014
- Effective Strategies for Engaging Parents in Students' Learning to Support Achievement.
Katie M. Thompson, Theresa J. Gillis, Janet Fairman, Craig A. Mason, March 2014
- Maine Educators Describe Innovative Technology Uses in K-12 Education.
Abigail Garthwait, Janet Fairman, March 2014
- What Can Educators and Policymakes Learn from High-Performing Countries on International Assessments?
Sarah V. Mackenzie, March 2014
- Challenges Faced by Maine School Districts in Providing High Quality Public Education.
David L. Silvernail, Sarah R. Linet, March 2014
- Pathways to Mathematics College Readiness in Maine.
David L. Silvernail, Ida A. Batista, James E. Sloan, Erika K. Stump, Amy F. Johnson, January 2014
- The Impacts of Public Charter Schools on Students and Traditional Public Schools: What Does the Empirical Evidence Tell Us?
David L. Silvernail, Amy F. Johnson, January 2014
- Implementation of a Proficiency-Based Diploma System in Maine: Phase II - District Level Analysis.
David L. Silvernail, Erika K. Stump, Anita Stewart McCafferty, Kathryn M. Hawes, January 2014
- The Relationships Between School Poverty and Student Achievement in Maine.
David L. Silvernail, James E. Sloan, Chelsea R. Paul, Amy F. Johnson, Erika K. Stump, January 2014
- Maine's Improving Schools: An Examination of Distinguishing Features of a Sample of Maine's Improving Public Schools.
David L. Silvernail, Erika K. Stump, Catherine Fallona, Lori Moran Gunn, June 2013
- Preliminary Implementation of Maine's Proficiency-Based Diploma Program.
David L. Silvernail, Erika K. Stump, Angela Atkinson Duina, Lori Moran Gunn, June 2013
- Teacher Evaluation and Professional Growth Systems: A National Review of Models, Approaches, and Challenges.
Brian Doore, Bethany Jorgensen, Stacy Doore, Craig A. Mason, March 2013
- Response to Intervention in Maine Status Report of Implementation.
Brian Doore, Karen Smith, Craig A. Mason, June 2013
- Evaluation of the Aspirnaut Program in a Rural Maine School.
Janet Fairman, Bethany Jorgensen, June 2013
- The Maine Schools Study: Phase II. Report on Improving Maine Schools; Preliminary Analysis of Maine High Schools.
David L. Silvernail & Erika K. Stump, June 2012
- More Efficient Public Schools in Maine: Learning Communities Building the Foundation of Intellectual Work.
David L. Silvernail, Erika K.Stump, In Collaboration with Richard E. Barnes, Kenneth E. Kunin, Sarah E. Wintle, June 2012
- Maine Public School Effiiciency Profiles
David L. Silvernail, Erika K. Stump, June 2011
- Legislative Districts Education Report 2010.
Kate Cuddy, Craig A. Mason, May 2011
- The History and Development of Maine’s Essential Programs and Services Program.
David L. Silvernail, January 2011
- The Condition of K-12 Public Education in Maine: Yearly Report 2011.
Maine Education Policy Research Institute, University of Southern Maine, Gorham, January 2011