Jump to main content
Office of Research Integrity and Outreach
Sensitive Information / Special Subject Populations
Categories of Sensitive Information
- Information relating to sexual attitudes, preferences, or practices.
- Information relating to the use of alcohol, drugs, or other addictive products.
- Information pertaining to illegal conduct.
- Information that, if released, could reasonably damage an individual's financial standing, employability, or reputation within the community.
- Information that would normally be recorded in a patient's medical record and the disclosure of which could reasonably lead to social stigmatization or discrimination.
- Information pertaining to an individual's psychological well-being or mental health.
- Genetic information.
Special Subject Populations
- Minors (under 18 years of age). Please contact the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach.
- Fetuses or products of labor and delivery
- Pregnant women (in studies that may influence maternal health)
- Individuals with a diminished capacity to give informed consent