Students in the School of Nursing are supported through both Professional Advising and Faculty Advising opportunities as they progress through their degree program. We strongly encourage students to stay in regular contact with their advisor(s) and to always reach out if they have questions or concerns.
Identifying your Advisor
All students can see the name of their current advisor(s) in their Mainestreet Student Center.
- RN to BS program students are advised by Brenda Webster. email@example.com
- Accelerated BS program students are advised by faculty advisor Marcia Goldenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, and also supported by Brenda Webster.
- Masters Option Program students are advised by Krista Meinersman for the summer 2019 semester, email@example.com.
- Traditional BS in Nursing students in both the Lewiston and Portland cohorts are advised by a combination of Professional and Faculty Advising.
- All students in this program begin by working with Professional Advisor, Laurie Lentz, firstname.lastname@example.org, and continue to work with Laurie until they are into their first clinical semester.
- In the semester that they take NUR 306 students will transition to working directly with their Faculty Advisor and no longer meet with Laurie Lentz. Students will receive an email from the department when they are ready for this transition. This will typically happen in late September or early February.