The deadlines listed below are specific to the School of Nursing.
About application deadlines:
- Applications must be postmarked or submitted online by the applicable program deadline.
- If the deadline falls on a Sunday or a holiday, applications will be accepted through the following business day.
- February 1 – Application deadline for transfer students. This deadline is for:
- Students currently enrolled at another higher education institution; or
- Students enrolled at the University of Southern Maine (USM) who are not majoring in Nursing and have taken more than 32 credit hours.
- February 1 – Application deadline for first-year students. This deadline is for students who are currently enrolled in high school.
- Are you a USM student with fewer than 32 credit hours? Talk to your Academic Advisor about your desire to transfer to the Nursing program.
- Courses begin in the fall semester.
- October 1 – Application deadline for all students.
- Courses begin in May.
This program offers rolling admissions.
- Learn more: BS in Nursing — RN to Bachelor of Science Degree program
- Contact the Office of Admissions to speak with an Admissions Counselor.
- If you are enrolled at USM and would like to transfer to the Nursing program, contact your Academic Advisor.
Master's and Graduate Certificate Programs
We offer both an on-campus RN to MS program and two fully online programs. Our on-campus program has a different application deadline than the fully online programs.
Areas of Specialization:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (A-GACNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (across the lifespan; PMHNP)
On-Campus Program Application Deadline: April 1 for fall admission.
Fully Online Programs
- RN to MS — Nursing Education: Visit the Maine Online site to review admission requirements and deadlines.
- RN to MS — Nursing Administration and Leadership: Visit the Maine Online site to review admission requirements and deadlines.
Our friendly Admissions Counselors would love to tell you more about our School of Nursing. We offer two ways to connect: