Katharine Thayer M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA (1997)
- B.S. Zoology, Minor in Chemistry, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA (1993)
Areas of Expertise
- Women’s Health
- Prenatal Care
- Pharmacology (Basic Science, Drug Development, Medication Safety)
- Clinical Applications of Genetics
- Clinical Pharmacology
The intersection of obstetrics and genetic testing, advances in the study of genetics of cancer.
Areas of Scholarship
Simulation in Medical Education. Working towards certification as a Simulation Educator.
Efficacy of intramuscular penicillin in the eradication of Group B Streptococcal colonization at delivery, Michael Pinette, Katharine Thayer, Joseph R. Wax, Jacquelyn Blackstone and Angelina Cartin, The Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Perinatal Medicine, May 2005; 17(5): 333-335
Awards and Recognition
- 2017-2018 Faculty Senate Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 1999 Medical Student Teaching Award: selected as best resident physician teacher in MMC OB/Gyn Residency Program