Halfway through NUR 323/325, University of Southern Maine (USM) nursing students are eligible to become certified as a nursing assistant (CNA) in the state of Maine. Please follow these steps to complete the process:
- Print the Mid-Semester Clinical Validation Form for CNA Registry. This form can be found in Documents and Forms.
- Give the form to your NUR 325 or NUR 542 clinical instructor to complete.
- Return the form to the Coordinator of Nursing Student Services.
- If you are passing NUR 325/NUR 542, the Coordinator of Nursing Student Services will write a letter for you to include with your application to the CNA Registry.
- Print the Maine CNA Registry Form from the Maine State Board of Nursing website.
- Gather your documentation:
- Copy of your Social Security card.
- Copy of your driver's license or passport.
- Letter from Coordinator of Nursing Student Services.
- Copy of your criminal background check report.
- Complete the Maine CNA Registry Form.
- Submit all documentation to the address on the Maine CNA Registry Form.
Contact the Coordinator of Nursing Student Services.