Visit the Mercy Hospital website.
Location and Parking Information
- Your Mercy Hospital clinical will be held at the Mercy Fore River Campus location in Portland.
- Your Mercy Hospital Practicum location will depend on your assigned unit.
- You do not need a parking pass for your clinical at Mercy Fore River, but will need a parking pass if you are in Practicum at the State Street Location.
- Students in clinical and practicum are required to complete the online orientation through the Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCPS). Additional documentation for your Mercy clinical is listed in the CCPS system.
- Clinical students in the Birthplace unit will be required to complete a four-hour computer training prior to the first clinical day. You will be contacted by Emily Holland, Clinical Placement Coordinator, once the clinical assignments have been finalized.
- Computer training takes place at 188 State Street on the third floor.
- A general timeline of training is listed here:
- Fall clinical, 1st half of the semester: August training prior to the start of the semester (during summer break)
- Fall clinical, 2nd half of the semester: October training, during the first half of the semester
- Spring clinical, 1st half of the semester: January training prior to the start of the semester (during winter break)
- Spring clinical, 2nd half of the semester: February training during the first half of the semester
- Practicum students will be required to complete a full day of computer training prior to your start date. Emily Holland will contact you directly with additional details.
- You will likely be able to pick up your badge on the same day of your computer training. Emily Holland will confirm this option and will send the information directly to students in clinical at Mercy.
- The badging office is located at the Mercy State Street location
- 144 State Street.
- 1st floor across from the gift shop.
- You may park in the visitor lot while you get your badge.
- Bring a photo ID.
- If you are scheduled for Practicum at the State Street location, bring your car registration in order to obtain a parking pass.