Patricia Thompson Leavitt DNP, FNP
- Simmons College, Doctor of Nursing Practice, 2014
- M.S. Nursing, University of Southern Maine, 1990
- B.S. Nursing, Boston College, 1997
Areas of Expertise
- Holistic primary care to medically uninsured rural persons
- Physical activity as a therapeutic modality
- Clinically relevant case based teaching
- Clinical focus: Holistic primary care to medically uninsured low income rural persons.
- Research / Quality Improvement focus: Increasing physical activity levels in a rural population.
Areas of Scholarship
- Improving physical activity in a rural population
Leavitt, P. (2017) Improving Exercise Prescribing in a Rural New England Free Clinic. Journal for Nurse Practitioners (13:1) e29-31. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2016.09.014
Eaton, J., & Leavitt, P. (2016). Case 15: Maurice Lamontagne. In J. Cappiello, & J. Eaton, A Day in the Office: Case Studies . Maryland Heights: Mosby .
2017 National NP Symposium. Invited Poster: What People Want: Patient Preferences of Primary Care Support to Increase Physical Activity in a Rural New England Free Health Clinic Population.
2014 AANP Invited Poster: Improving Exercise Prescribing in a Rural New England Free Clinic.
Awards and Recognition
- President’s Award for Community Engagement, University of Southern Maine, 2017
- Inspiring Educators Award, Maine Education Association, 2017
- Mary Cushman Humanitarian Award, Maine Medical Association, 2016
- Distinguished Alumna Award, Simmons College School of Health Sciences, 2011
- Founder and volunteer Executive Director and NP provider, Leavitt’s Mill Free Health Center, a free clinic located in Bar Mills/Buxton, ME.
- York County District Public Health Council member
- York County Community Action Corporation Board of Directors