Valerie Fuller Ph.D., DNP, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP
- Ph.D., DNP
Dr. Valerie Fuller is an Acute Care, Family and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner and Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of Southern Maine. She is the President of the Maine State Board of Nursing, Maine State Representative to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and Past President of the Maine Nurse Practitioner Association. She is actively involved in APRN practice and policy issues at both the state and national level. Her clinical and research interests include vascular surgery, wound care and delirium.
Areas of Expertise
- Advanced Practice Nursing, Nursing Regulation, Surgical Nursing, Foot and Wound Care
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP-BC)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC)
- Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse - Advanced Practice (CWON-AP)
- Certified Foot Care RN (CFCN)
- Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA)
- Teaching and Learning Certificate for Health Care Educators - MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Wound care
- Evidence-based Practice
- DNP Education, Practice and Policy, Second Edition: Mastering the DNP Essentials for Advanced Nursing Practice. Editors: Ahmed, Andrist, Davis and Fuller. Springer Publishing. IBSN 13 9780826140180. April 28, 2018.
- Falls and Delirium in an Acute Care Setting: A Retrospective Chart Review Before and After an Organization-Wide Interprofessional Education. Journal of Clinical Nursing. Authors - Babine, Hyrkas, Hallen, Wierman, Bachand, Chapman & Fuller. DOI: 10.1111/jocn.14259. January 4, 2018
- Fuller V. Delirium recall - an integrative review. J Clin Nurs. 2016 Jun; 25(11-12):1515-27. PMID: 26961219.
- Babine RL, Hyrkäs KE, Bachand DA, Chapman JL, Fuller VJ, Honess CA, Wierman HR. Falls in A Tertiary Care Hospital-Association With Delirium: A Replication Study. Psychosomatics. 2016 May-Jun; 57(3):273-82. PMID: 27063812.
- Ahmed, S., Andrist, L., Davis, S. & Fuller, V. DNP Education, Practice and Policy: Redesigning Advanced Practice Roles for the 21st Century (2012), Springer Publishing Company. ISBN-13: 978-0826108159
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 – Elaine Ellibee Award - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- 2017 – Fellow of the National Academies of Practice in Nursing
- 2016 - Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- President and APRN member - Maine State Board of Nursing
- Board of Directors - National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Maine State Representative - American Association of Nurse Practitioners