Admitted undergraduate students who have not yet committed to USM and want a more personalized campus visit can spend a half-day shadowing a current USM Husky. Attend class and grab a meal with your host student in one of our dining halls to get an immersive experience that will help you determine if USM feels like it could be home.
While you're shadowing your Husky host, your family members have the opportunity to:
- Join a student-led walking tour (starting at 9:30 a.m. on either the Portland or Gorham campus, depending on the day you visit).
- Take a self-guided campus tour (maps are located in the Admissions Welcome Center).
- Meet with an admissions counselor.
- Stop by our Student Financial Services office.
- Wrap up any last-minute enrollment needs.
Ready to shadow a Husky?
- Email Julia Gurney, Associate Director of Visits and Events to request a Shadow Experience with:
- Your first and last name
- Your USM Student ID number (check your Admission packet)
- Your preferred visit date (provide two or three options, if possible)
- Your major or an area of study that you're considering
- We fill requests on a first-come, first-served basis for a Shadow Experience date in February, March, or April 2020.
- We make every effort to match you with a student host whose major and campus activities are similar to your areas of interest.
- Submit your Shadow Experience request no less than 10 days before your desired visit date.
- A final itinerary will be available three days before your Shadow Experience date.
- If you need to cancel, please provide notice at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled Shadow Experience.
- We cannot accommodate walk-in requests.