We are so glad you have decided to attend the University of Southern Maine (USM)!
If you are an admitted student, you can reserve your spot for the fall semester by submitting your $100 non-refundable deposit online, by mail, in person, or over the phone.
Paying Your Deposit Online
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Log in to your MaineStreet account > select Student Self-Service > select Student Center.
- In the Finances section, click the Pay My Deposit link to access Bill+Pay.
- Select Deposits in the navigation bar at the top of your screen. (Your bill might show $0.00. This is normal as you are making a deposit toward your admissions.)
- Select Term (the semester that you plan to start — example: Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, etc.)
- Select Deposit Payment. Choose USM Admissions Deposit. Click Select.
- Enter $100 for payment amount. Select Continue.
- Select your payment method and continue until you are able to enter your payment information (credit card users will be taken to Paypath Payment Service). Provide your payment information and follow the prompts until you receive confirmation and your payment receipt.
Paying Your Deposit by Check or Money Order
Checks or money orders should be made payable to the University of Southern Maine. Mail your check or money order along with the student's name, address, and date of birth (or your Accepted Student Confirmation Card) to the Office of Admissions at the following address:
Office of Admissions
University of Southern Maine
PO Box 9300
Portland, ME 04104
Paying Your Deposit by Phone or in Person
Call us at 207-780-5670 to make a credit card payment over the phone, or visit us at one of our Admissions office locations to pay in-person.
International Payment Option
The University of Maine System has partnered with peerTransfer to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
Problems Paying Your Deposit Online?
We are currently experiencing a high volume of online deposit payment submissions. If you have problems paying your deposit online as a result of this increased activity, please contact the Office of Admissions at 207-780-5670.
- If you have questions about the status of your admission application, you can call 207-780-5670 or email us.
- If you have any questions about paying your deposit, email Student Financial Services or call 207-780-5200.
Take The Next Steps
Complete your housing application to live on campus, get details about orientation, submit your final transcript, and more. Learn more about Orientation.