Welcome to the USM Photo Library
As of May 2016, we have moved our Photo Library (or Image Bank) to a new platform called Libris/PhotoShelter. We have also added more images to broaden our offerings for university use.
Browse the USM Photo Library
Enter usmhuskies to download images.
- For assistance downloading your images, please review our Photo Library help document.
- You do not need a Libris/PhotoShelter account to access the Photo Library, but you will need to enter usmhuskies to download images if you do not have an account*.
- Always download the original size of the image you wish to use.
- The watermark will not appear on downloaded images.
- We recommend using pixlr.com to resize and crop images if you do not have access to image editing software.
- Downloading and using images from the web that we do not have rights to use could lead to legal issues for the University.
- If you are looking for images to include in a video, please contact Sam Lavoie to discuss your project.
- Photographers/Contributors: Please review our Libris Contributor help document and don't forget to fill out the Contributor Image Upload form each time you upload new images to Libris.
* Your Libris/PhotoShelter account must also be linked to the USM Photo Library to download images without an additional password. Please contact Sam Lavoie with questions.
NOTE: Photo Library images are solely for the use of USM faculty and staff in developing web pages and print materials that promote USM to our internal and external communities such as current students, business partners, prospective students, and the communities that surround us. Images have been categorized and tagged to make browsing easier. The Photo Library will continue to be updated so check back periodically.