If you are requesting web content that is isolated and doesn’t affect other areas of the website, the update can be accomplished within 1–3 business days. These types of requests include, but are not limited to creating or updating the following:
- Department Carousel Sliders
- Department Information Blocks
- Office Hours and/or Exceptions
- Staff or Faculty profiles
- Specific areas of a published Page: Headline, paragraph, etc.
Additional time may be required depending on the complexity of your request. Complex requests include, but are not limited to the following:
- Changing content that affects other areas of the website
- Creating a new page or series of pages
- Creating a new webform
- Re-organizing navigation on your site
- Updating content related to curriculum, application requirements, and application deadlines
- Updating the catalog — this involves coordination with Registration and Scheduling Services and other departments.
Once copy and images are finalized, the web team will enter the content into the Content Management System (CMS) and publish. If the content is time-sensitive, we will work with you to establish and monitor the date to update or unpublish the content.
Things you can do to expedite the process for adding or updating content:
- Complete as many fields as possible on the request form.
- Ensure that the copy has been finalized. This means that the copy has been:
- Proofed for spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Reviewed by all stakeholders for factual accuracy
- Approved by all stakeholders within your office as well as other offices that are involved with the information
- If you would like to suggest a photo to accompany your copy, please select an image from the Photo Library that suits the content and the audience. If your selected image was provided by an outside source, please confirm that the photo is not copyrighted and that USM has the right to distribute the photo for marketing purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Tripp.