Submit Your Work to Reflections 2018
Reflections is OLLI’s annual journal of literature and art created by OLLI members. You can send in your submission between now and April 24. You do not have to have taken a writing or art or photography class at OLLI to submit. You do have to be a current OLLI member. Below are the rules and regulations about submitting; be sure to follow them closely.
OLLI Reflections Submissions 2018
Send an e-mail with the following required information in the body of the e-mail:
- Your name
- Your phone number and e-mail address
- A short biography (35-word maximum)
- The category of work you are submitting
- Art (including photos)
- The title of your work (same as the file name of your electronic submission; see below)
Attach your submission to an e-mail and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Reflections” in the subject line.
The rules (Read these carefully. You must follow all the rules.)
Deadline is April 24, 2018.
- You must be a current OLLI member.
- You may submit up to two works in each of the three categories. Each submission must be sent as an attachment in a separate e-mail.
- Do not put your name anywhere on your submission. All submissions are judged “blind.” If the painting or drawing you photograph has your name on it, cover the name.
- If you submit elsewhere, you must let us know if your work is accepted. If we accept your work, you must inform anyone else to whom you submitted your work.
- Prose: 1,000 words or less, 12-point type, double-spaced, one-inch margins, pages numbered
- Poetry: 12-point type, single-spaced, pages numbered
- Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text format (rtf) We can NOT process Apple Pages or Adobe .pdf files!
- We cannot accept revisions to your submission after we receive your entry.
Photo and art submissions
- Electronic (digital) file in .jpg or .jpeg format (this is the regular format for most cameras)
- Artwork: Take a digital picture of your non-photo artwork.
Make sure that you name or rename the electronic file (written or photo or art) with the same title as you list in the actual submission. If you don’t do this, we may lose track of your submission!
- For a story titled “Joe’s Boat House,” send an attachment with the file name doc
- For a photo titled “Sunset at Biddeford Pool,” send an attachment with the file name jpg
Don’t let this technical stuff stop you! If you have questions or problems, get in touch with our submissions manager, Tim Baehr, at email@example.com or 899-1043.