Reflections Deadline Moved to April 30
Reflections submissions were arriving at a pretty good clip as the original April 1 deadline approached. But the more the merrier, so we’re extending the deadline to April 30.
In case you missed seeing the submission rules in past newsletters or on the OLLI website, we’ll re-produce them here. If you want to print them out and are unsure of how to do it, e-mail me (see my Gmail address below) and I’ll send you a copy.
Submitting Your Work to Reflections 2021
Deadline: April 30
Current OLLI members are invited to submit their creative works to the 2021 edition of Reflections: A Journal of Art and Literature.
Please follow the guidelines below. The submissions manager can usually fix anything that’s missing, or get in touch with you with any questions. (But do your best to follow the rules.)
- Create your written or visual work (or find it on your computer). You may submit up to two items in each of the four categories (see Step 4). Your work must be entirely yours, original, and not previously published.
- If you haven’t done so already, save your work on your computer as a document or image file.
- Do not put your name anywhere on your work If it’s on your artwork, cover it up.
- Start an e-mail. Put Reflections in the subject line.
Type in the following:
- Your name as you wish to see it in the credits
- The name of the work as you wish to see it in the Table of Contents
- The category of what you’re submitting: Art, Photo, Poetry, Prose
- Prose has a 1000-word limit.
- Your phone and e-mail address
- A short (35 words max.) bio starting with your name (e.g., “Mary Jones….”)
- For all artwork, photos, etc., add a brief (20 words maximum) statement of what inspired your creation. Include the medium — photo, oil, watercolor, pastels, ink, pencil, sculpture, etc.
- For artwork, including sculpture, take a digital photo and send that in. The PhotScan app from Google Photos is very useful and is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
- Attach the electronic version of your work to the e-mail.
- Send the e-mail to Tim Baehr, the Submissions Manager, at email@example.com.
NOTE: This is a new e-mail address and is not the same e-mail address as in prior years.
Repeat this for each item you send. If you send three items, you’ll send three separate e-mails.
Submissions will be acknowledged starting sometime in March.