As an online student, you'll have the advising support you need to be successful. You will be assigned both a faculty advisor and a professional academic advisor to help you from day one through graduation. Your faculty advisor and professional advisor names are located in your Maine Street student center. If you do not see an advisor(s) assigned to you, please contact Rusty Dolleman, Professional Advisor for Online Students, at email@example.com.
Your Faculty Advisor will:
- Discuss academic and career-related goals and ideas
- Approve course substitutions, transfer credits, and exceptions
To schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor, please email them directly.
Your Professional Online Advisor will:
- Think through your career and academic goals
- Assist you in choosing courses each term
- Ensure you are on a path toward graduation
- Answer any questions you have, and provide ongoing support throughout your time here at USM
Thinking about changing your major?
Please complete this form (PDF - 437kb) and send to your current professional or faculty advisor.