- General Overview
- Career Options
- Flexible Formats
- Admission & Transfer Information
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Degree Requirements
- Scheduled Courses
- Program Faculty
- PCE Student Services
Earn your business degree from one of the only accredited business administration program online in northern New England. The Business Administration, General Management major offers you the spectrum of business skills and knowledge in finance, marketing, and accounting you need to compete in this challenging environment. Only 5% of business schools worldwide have earned AACSB accreditation. Give yourself an advantage.
We understand that it is important for you to know what possible career opportunities and acquired skills are attained as a result of completing a degree in a particular program. The Major2Career worksheet for General Management provides information to consider as you choose the degree path that makes the most sense for you, your career, and your educational goals.
Take courses on your time.
Online courses give you the flexibility to work and take a course. Whether you work during the day, evening, or in-between, USM online courses allow you to make steady progress each semester or session. USM offers hundreds of online courses year-round- Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer in 4-week, 7-week, and 15-week time frames. If life interrupts, then the next semester or session is right around the corner.
If you are interested in completing your bachelor’s degree through one of our online programs, simply complete the Pre-Advising Form or call us at 207-780-5900, and we will assist you through the application process.
A transfer student is an applicant who has attempted twelve semester hours of credit or more since graduating from high school or earning a GED. Students should have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 unless otherwise indicated by the desired program. For more information about how your courses might transfer to USM, contact Enrollment Advisor Ashley Collins for an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Ready to apply? Review the Transfer Student Checklist and submit your online application today! Be sure to choose the "Gen Management (Business-Generalist) - Online" option.
Students must have a minimum of 120 credits to earn a bachelor’s degree.
USM Core Curriculum Requirements
- Entry Year Experience (waived for students who transfer in 24 or more credits)
- College Writing
- Quantitative Reasoning (Statistics)
- Creative Expression (THE 170)
- Socio-Cultural Analysis (ECO 101/102)
- Science Exploration - with Lab
- Cultural Interpretation
- Ethical Inquiry, Social Responsibility, and Citizenship
- International (BUS 345)
- Cluster course 1 (See Note)
- Cluster course 2 (See Note)
- Cluster course 3 (See Note)
- Capstone (taken as part of the major - BUS 450)
USM students must complete either a Thematic Cluster OR a minor OR a double major. Students may overlap one cluster course with their major.
Business Administration, General Management, Generalist Track Major Requirements (68-71 credits)
Non-Business Core Requirements (17-20 credits)
- ABU 190 Spreadsheets and Problem Solving (or proficiency exam)
- ECO 101 Intro to Macroeconomics
- ECO 102 Intro to Microeconomics
- MAT 108 College Algebra
- MAT 210 Business Statistics
- THE 170 Public Speaking
Business Core Requirements (36 credits)
- ACC 110 Financial Accounting Information for Decision Making
- ACC 211 Managerial Accounting Information for Decision Making
- BUS 260 Marketing
- BUS 275 Applied Business Analysis
- BUS 280 Legal Environment of Business
- BUS 340 Managing Organizational Behavior
- BUS 345 Information Technology/Management Information Systems
- BUS 370 Management Science
- BUS 375 Production/Operations Management
- FIN 320 Basic Financial Management
- BUS 450 Business Policy and Strategy
- BUS 335 International Business
Major Requirements (15 credits)
- Students take 3 credits from each of the three different disciplinary areas: Marketing, Management, Law, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, and Insurance. Select 6 credits of 300-level or higher ACC, BUS, FIN, or RMI courses.
For course descriptions and up-to date details, please visit the USM MaineStreet Class Search.
Need help? Have Questions? We understand the challenges of finishing your degree and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Contact PCE (Professional and Continuing Education) Student Services at 207-780-5900, or email us at email@example.com, or visit us in person.