A Foundation for Careers in Human and Social Services
- Distance-learning format featuring synchronous and asynchronous online options
- Offered by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Minimum 120 credit hours
- Connect me with an Admissions Counselor
The Online BA in Social and Behavioral Sciences integrates perspectives from psychology, sociology, and anthropology as it provides a solid foundation for careers in a wide range of fields.
The program blends required courses, electives, and an internship experience, allowing you to gain knowledge and abilities that are specific to your career interests. Through a required sequence of Career Development courses, you’ll develop relevant skills while exploring professional opportunities first hand. Apply today.
Flexible, online bachelor’s program
Outcomes and opportunities
As a Social and Behavioral Sciences major, you’ll gain valuable and transferable skills in critical thinking, effective written and oral communication, instructional learning strategies, systems thinking, and teamwork. Your degree prepares you for graduate studies as well as careers in fields such as:
- Human services
- Mental health
- Law and legislative policy
- Early childhood education
- Training and development
- Pastoral care and hospice work