The flexibility you need to succeed
Online programs at the University of Southern Maine offer all the benefits of flexible, online education with access to USM's extensive academic and community resources. We tailor our programs to meet the needs of working professionals so you can balance the demands of career, family and school–and focus on your goals. Apply now so you can:
Online or on campus, it’s a USM degree. Whether you learn online or on campus, you’ll receive the same highly regarded USM degree – the format will not appear on your transcript.
Learn from the same outstanding faculty. Most of our online program faculty teach both online and on campus. Your online program will meet the same rigorous standards as our traditional degree programs.
- Learn on your terms. Take courses from anywhere, at any time, including on the USM campus. Your online program adapts to your schedule.
- Get value for your tuition. USM Online programs meet the same rigorous academic standards as our traditional degree programs, at an affordable tuition.
- Set yourself up to succeed. Your Online Professional Academic Advisor and your Faculty Advisor will support you from day one, helping you stay on a path to graduation.
- Make career connections. USM Online programs are designed to address the needs of employers in our region, who regularly hire USM graduates.
- Get credit for what you know. If you have previous college experience, you may gain credits toward your USM degree through Prior Learning Assessment.
- Finish what you started. If you’re transferring from another school or returning to complete a degree, USM Online is the most flexible, efficient way to get there.
- Engage with the community. Take advantage of everything USM has to offer, from campus resources, to career advising, to our extensive alumni network.
- Be a USM Husky. With an online degree from USM, you’ll be part of the Husky pack, anywhere and everywhere you go.