How to Find and Order your USM Textbooks (powered through eCampus)
Please note: eCampus offers competitive pricing and offers price matching for amazon.com, chegg.com, B&N.com, TexbookX.com (aka Akademos), and local brick and mortar competitors! Check out full details of the Price Matching program here: usm.ecampus.com/price-match
Sign in to your MyCampus Portal, look for UMS Quick Links (left-hand side of the screen) select My Textbooks - Next Semester (for Fall 2021).
Option 2 (click for a PDF version)
Sign into your MyCampus Portal (myusm.maine.edu)
Click on the MaineStreet Icon in the Launch Pad
Click “Student Self Service”
Click “Student Center”
Take a look at your upcoming term class schedule (in this example, we look at Fall 2019). Note the following information in the “Class” column for each course. 1-Department Code, 2-Course Number, and 3-Course Registration Number (CRN). You will need this information to find your books, so take a screenshot, write it down, take a picture with your phone, etc.
Go to usm.maine.edu/books
Look for the “Order Course Materials” and click “Get Started”
Click “Order Your Textbooks” (don’t worry, you’re just getting your book list, clicking the link will not automatically purchase anything).
Click on the semester you need to look up books for (ex. Fall 2019)
10. Pull out the class numbers you wrote down and start with your first course (in the example in step 5, ENG 100 LEC (83973) and click on the department code that matches (ENG)
11. Click on the course number (100)
12. Click on the one that has your CRN (83973)
13. If you have more courses to look-up click “Add Another Course” and follow steps 10-12 until you have added all of your course sections.
14. When you have finished adding all of your courses, click “Find Materials...”
15. A list of all of the textbooks that are required and recommended for the course will display! You will also see the options that the Virtual Bookstore offers (rentals, used books, ebook rentals, new books, etc.)
16. You can order the books directly from the Virtual Bookstore and have them sent directly to the campus or your home. You may also use the ISBN information listed to help to purchase the correct textbook editions from another source.
Other Helpful Tips
- Need to order textbooks without a credit card? Call the University Store at (207) 780-4070.
- eCampus offers competitive pricing and offers price matching for amazon.com, chegg.com, B&N.com, TexbookX.com (aka Akademos), and local brick and mortar competitors! Check out full details of the Price Matching program here: usm.ecampus.com/price-match.
Still Have Questions?
Call the University Store at (207) 780-4070.