Jump Start is a program offered to students who have been admitted conditionally to USM. Jump Start provides additional support at the beginning of the college journey and opportunities to develop and strengthen key skills necessary for academic success in higher education.
All Jump Start Members must do the following:
Before the semester begins
- Complete all required items on the Next Steps for Admitted Students Checklist (enclosed in admissions acceptance packet)
- Work with an Academic Advisor to develop an Academic Success Plan
- Attend the required virtual Jump Start meeting on August 27 from 6pm-7pm.
Once the semester begins
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with your assigned Academic Advisor
- Successfully complete the course “College & Career Success” by the end of your 1st semester
- Attend a required New Husky Jump Start meeting held the 2nd week of classes and subsequent follow-up one on one meetings
- Make satisfactory progress towards your personal Academic Success Plan
- Maintain good academic standing
Required Events & Meetings
Please click the + icon next to the event you are interested in learning about for ZOOM links and additional info!
We will be reaching out to your faculty to check in on your academic progress. We'll talk with you about it at your 6-Week Check In.