Researchers are obligated to disclose significant financial interests upon submitting a proposal for external funding or upon a change in financial interest which creates the possibility of a conflict of interest in regard to a research proposal.
The University of Southern Maine has enrolled in the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Clearinghouse as a Public Health Service FCOI Compliant Institution.
Financial Conflict of Interest training is available online through Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) (external link).
- If this is your first CITI training course, you will need to register
- Please select the University of Maine System as the Participating Institution
- Question 5: Conflicts of Interest (University of Southern Maine Campus ONLY)
- Disclosure of Financial Interests Form (initial/annual Google form) (external link)
- National Institutes of Health - FCOI Information (external link)
- National Institutes of Health - FCOI FAQs (external link)
- National Institutes of Health - Disclosure Requirements for Reimbursed and Sponsored Travel (external link)