USM IBC Submission Requirements
Only complete protocol submissions will be accepted for review. A submission is considered complete ONLY when it satisfies all four of these requirements:
1. Each submission must utilize the appropriate form below.
2. Each submission must answer all questions fully and in sufficient detail to allow reviewers to make the determinations required.
3. Each submission must include all attachments requested in the form
4. Each submission must be submitted in two formats, as follows:
- Electronically to email@example.com
- A Hard Copy, with required signatures, to the Office of Research Integrity, University of Southern Maine, 7 Chamberlain Ave., Portland, Maine, 04101 (hard copy submissions can be dropped off in person or sent via intercampus or regular mail)
Applicants please note that most applications require more than one review because the IBC often requests additional information and/or changes. Therefore, applicants should leave ample time for additional review before the anticipated research start date.
If you are submitting a renewal report for an IBC protocol granted EXEMPT status with no changes, please submit the IBC Continuing Review Form. Otherwise, please submit the IBC Continuing Review, Revision-Amendment, Study Completion Form for non-EXEMPT protocol renewals, or EXEMPT renewals in which changes have been made to the previously approved protocol.