The University of Southern Maine (USM) Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) ensures the protection of the rights and welfare of persons participating in human subject research conducted at or affiliated with USM.
- I am conducting human subject research
- I am not sure my research project is human subject research
- I am an Undergraduate Social Work Student (SWO) Conducting Research
I am a USM Faculty or Staff Member
- I am a USM staff and wish to conduct a survey or other fact gathering on campus
- I am conducting my own research, however not sure it is considered human subject research
- I am conducting my own human subject research
- I am conducting a class research project
- I am a mentor/faculty advisor for student research (pdf)
External to USM
I am external to USM and want to recruit USM students, faculty, and/or staff for my research
- Request to conduct within the USM Community (Google Form)
- External Investigator Policy and Procedure (pdf)
I am external to USM and want to rely on USM's review and approval of a research project.
- Request for Review of an External IRB Approval (Google Form)