Simultaneous with the Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center (MeRTEC) launch
Date: May 19 & 20, 2016
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Westin Portland Harborview
157 High Street · Portland, Maine, 04101 • Phone: 207-775-5411
Call for proposals on-line form, due January 31, 2016
Vendor form; due April 28, 2016
Thursday: $125 (space is limited)
New in 2016 will be half day "boot camps"
- Regulatory Compliance
- Research Compliance for Administrators
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Commttee (IBC)
- Regulatory Compliance
- Research Integrity
Thursday and Friday: $250
Phone: 207.780.4517 E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 207-228-8329
“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” Albert Einstein
Location & Accommodations
The Westin Portland Harborview features an ideal location in the heart of the vibrant Arts District in downtown Portland. Step outside and discover the many things to do in Portland, Maine including the Portland Museum of Art, the State Theatre, Cross Insurance Arena and more. A short walk takes you to Portland’s Old Port district and Casco Bay.
Traditional single/double room $159 a night (9% tax), until April 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM
- Valet parking is available for $34 per night.
- Self parking is available next to the hotel for a daily fee of $24.
- Complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Portland International Jetport is available for our guests. Please call 207.775.5411 to make arrangements.
- Complimentary downtown shuttle for hotel guests based on availability from 5am - 11pm on weekdays and 5am – 12am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Getting to Portland Maine
- Airport – Portland International Jetport (PWM); ground transportation from airport
- Bus – Concord and Grayhound buses stop in Portland
- Train – Amtrak Downeaster
Please notify the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach of any substitutions in writing. The appropriate registration fee will be applied to a substitute attendee.
A refund (minus a $20 cancellation fee) will be given for conference cancellations received in writing by the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach. Refunds will not be given for cancellations received no later than Friday, April 28, 2016 5:00 PM EST. Cancellations must be in writing. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid Policy
The University of Southern Maine’s (USM) Office of Research Integrity and Outreach waives the registration fee for USM students, USM faculty, USM staff, board members, and symposium presenters.
Waiver of registration fee is considered on a case by case basis. Deadline to request a registration waiver/scholarship is Friday, April 28, 2016 by 5:00 PM EST. Please contact us with the following information: email@example.com
Name, Phone number, Email
Briefly describe your need for a registration waiver/scholarship