Information for Admitted Students to the MOT Program
Students admitted to the MOT program acknowledge that:
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required in order to become matriculated (or to hold your seat) in the MOT program
- Deferral of seats is not allowed - students refusing a seat will be expected to reapply the following year
- Successful completion of the program requires a minimum of six months of full-time fieldwork, which may necessitate temporary relocation outside of the student's local area
- Students will be expected to actively participate in the Student Occuational Therapy Association (SOTA) on campus, which is involved with various community projects throughout the entirety of the program
- Students may be expected to complete several immunization requirements (as required by individual sites) prior to fieldwork placements - these requirements go above and beyond those required by the university upon admission and are the responsibility of the student to complete in a timely manner
- Students will be expected to read, understand, and abide by all expectations outlined in the MOT Student Handbook as a condition of their acceptance
- Any conditions of acceptance must be completed prior to the start of the fall semester for full time students. If conditions are not met, the student may be asked to begin part time or may not be able to attend the program at all. Part time students have additional time to complete certain conditions, however if condition due dates are not met, these students may also lose their seat in the program.
- Students may be obligated to provide a State of Maine and federal criminal background check as part of fieldwork placement requirements - if the student has been convicted of a felony, certification and/or licensure may be denied
- All students who are uncertain if his or her conviction may jeopardize his or her board certification should participate in NBCOT's Character Review Process and should complete the Early Determination Review to determine their eligibility to sit for the NBCOT exam (required for licensure) prior to accepting a seat in the program.
For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org