Kelly McGaughey PT, DPT
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, 2010
- B.S. in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise Science, 2007
Kelly has been a practicing Physical Therapist in the Washington DC area since 2010. She spent the last seven years as a PT at the Military's flagship hospital for Wounded Warrior care at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in the amputee clinic. She has participated in many adapted sports and activities, leading her to a new position this year as Program Director for the Travis Mills Foundation Retreat for wounded Vets and families. She has been involved in teaching prosthetics and orthotics for the past 6 years at various Universities. Kelly's area of expertise is in poly trauma and amputation care. She has worked side by side with Occupational Therapists on many of these complex patients and appreciates the multi-disciplinary approach to care.
With her free time, Kelly enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with her family. She also runs a kids camp for kids with amputations and limb differences and is a running guide for wounded warriors.
Areas of Expertise
APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor
Level I Trigger Point Dry Needling Certified
Level II Trigger Point Dry Needling Certified
- Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. (September 2017). VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rehabilitation of Lower Extremity Amputation. Washington DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- BADER Outcome Measures Toolbox for Lower Extremity Amputees with Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs, Fall 2016 – ongoing (expected publish date late 2017)
- Pasquina PF, McGaughey K, Ellis K, Goodine J, Orr A, Phipps T, Reinsfelder AM, La Croix C. Chapter ___: Rehabilitation of the Combat Casualty in: War Surgery by Eastridge B and Rasmussen T, Oxford University Press, anticipated Fall 2017.
- Adjunct Faculty at Shenandoah University, PT Dept
- Lab Assistant at University of New England, PT Dept
- Adjunct Faculty at University of Maine, OT Dept
- Presenter at AOTA National Conference 2016, APTA CSM 2018, VPTA Annual Conference 2015, VPTA Student Conclave 2016