Professional Development Center (PDC) meets all unique needs!
The PDC is the inservice agent of the School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) of the University of Southern Maine. Its mission is to provide sustained, high-quality professional development that enables K-12 educators and human resource professionals to continue learning throughout their careers.
- We can deliver any School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) graduate degree and certificate program at your school district site. Visit SEHD Programs page for more information.
- We can deliver graduate courses or workshops from our inventory of courses on-site at your school district.
- We review proposals and approve CEUs according to national CEU standards. To apply for CEUs for your program/workshop, please visit our Applying for CEUs page
- We can work with you to design and administer graduate courses in collaboration with you. To propose a graduate credit course, download the course proposal guidelines (pdf).
- We also offer multiple cohorts, visit our Cohorts Offered page for more information.
- The PDC offers a unique opportunity for school districts and organizations to learn together by creating cohorts. In partnership with schools and organizations and USM faculty, the PDC can create courses that meet the unique professional development needs for schools and organizations.
- Recent examples include:
- Gorham Schools Proficiency Based Learning
- Sanford Schools Gifted and Talented
- Margaret Murphy Children's Center
- South Portland English Language Learners