The Professional Development Center (PDC) is the outreach agent of the School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) of the University of Southern Maine.
We work collaboratively with SEHD departments and programs, the Southern Maine Partnership, the Maine Department of Education , K-12 schools, human resource organizations, non-profit organizations and professional associations. We develop, implement, and administer credit and non-credit courses, workshops, and institutes to supplement and expand professional development opportunities.
The PDC can:
- deliver graduate courses or workshops from our course inventory on-site at your school district;
- design and administer graduate courses and workshops in collaboration with you that are tailored to address the professional development needs and goals of your school district;
- sponsor school district professional development courses for graduate credit; and
- bring School of Education and Human Develoment graduate degree and certificate programs to your school district.
We offer a wide range of delivery options that address the professional development focus that you and your area schools decide, including:
- face-to-face in a classroom in your school district;
- online or blended; and
- video conferencing sites at area UMS campuses and University College Centers across the state.
For more information, or for an application to offer CEUs for your own courses, please visit our Services page.
The PDC has a seperate Advisory Council
- Advisory Council Members
- Advisory Council April 2017 Minutes
- Advisory Council February 2017 Minutes
- Advisory Council November 2016 Minutes