The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate Program is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to successfully lead and participate in improvement projects. The Six Sigma approach emphasizes evidence-based analysis, customer-driven results, and an efficient flow of products and services designed to deliver high performance, reliability, and value to the customer. The Green Belt certification will provide you with a complete toolbox that you can immediately apply back on the job for process improvements.
You will learn many of the Lean Six Sigma techniques, problem-solving methods, and statistical tools including:
- DMAIC methodology to scope and define improvements
- Project charter and tracking
- Process mapping, process monitoring, and control
- Problem analysis tools and graphical data analysis
- Solution generation techniques
- Cost/benefit analysis; Risk planning and testing
- How to apply Lean concepts (designed to accelerate the speed of processes and reduce waste) such as 5S, waste reduction, Value Stream Mapping, and mistake proofing
- How to effectively manage team dynamics when working on projects and process improvements
Green Belt certification will give you all the skills needed to be an effective project leader. Green Belt certification also fulfills part of the requirements for Black Belt certification.
This certificate program is offered during both the fall and spring semesters.
- Fall 2014
- Spring 2015 (Registration for spring begins in November)
To stay up-to-date on course offerings, sign up for our Professional & Continuing Education Newsletter.
$1500 (Includes all course materials and light dinner)
- Refund policy:
- 100% refund if you withdraw from a class five or more business days before the class starts.
- A course voucher for 50% of the course fee if you withdraw four or fewer business days from the start date.
- There are no refunds once a class begins.
- WIA Approved: This program is also eligible for funding under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through the Maine CareerCenters. For more information visit: mainecareercenter.com/employment/training-adults
Learn more about our other approved certificate programs.
35 contact hours/3.5 CEUs
- Joe Allen MS, CSCP, is the Director of Education for the Down East Chapter of APICS. Joe has held many positions of increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management and International Logistics. Joe also has significant work experiences in Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process.
Susan Knapp, Ph. D., has over 25 years of experience as a manager and trainer and has been a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, universities, government agencies, hospitals and the United States Air Force. She has SPHR certification and received her Six Sigma Black Belt training through Acuity and the Ohio State University.
Rosemary Cummings - Director of Clinical Initiatives, Mid Coast Hospital
Rosemary Cummings has been a nurse all her professional life, and still is – but now with a difference. For the past year, she has been Director of Clinical Initiatives and Innovation at Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick. She is a change agent, working as an internal consultant on nursing practice improvement, productivity and quality. “The team members are the clinical experts,” she notes, “I’m learning roles, functions and workflow. It’s my job to see that they have what they need in order for them to perform at their highest and best.” Read More.
Bob Marsh - Owner, OMNIA Technologies Inc.
His company is OMNIA Technologies Inc., but Robert P. Marsh is as much a business-process problem-solver as he is an international telecommunications expert. That’s why he appreciates the Professional & Continuing Education courses he takes at USM. His everyday work life at this level directly engages knowledge from the courses he has taken. Read More.