This certificate program provides supervisors and managers with practical skills for the day-to-day responsibilities of managing staff. Topics include techniques for communicating expectations to employees, giving performance feedback, and getting your own job done while leading others. This program is designed for entry- to mid-level supervisors and managers, small business owners, technical staff, and individuals interested in leadership roles.
Required courses: (30 total hours)
Participants are strongly encouraged to complete Using Feedback Effectively prior to enrolling in Coaching to Enhance Performance and Dealing with Poor Performance.
- Stepping Up to Supervisor (6 hours)
- Using Feedback Effectively (6 hours)
- Delegating: Accomplishing Results Through Others (6 hours)
- Coaching to Enhance Performance (6 hours)
- Dealing with Poor Performance (6 hours)
Elective (6 total hours): choose any Professional Development Program. Browse our courses.
This certificate program is offered during both the fall and spring semesters.
- Spring 2014
- Stepping Up to Supervisor- 1/17
- Using Feedback Effectively- 1/31
- Coaching to Enhance Performance- 2/28
- Dealing with Poor Performance- 3/14
- Delegating- 3/21
- Stepping Up to Supervisor- 4/11
- Using Feedback Effectively- 5/2
- Delegating- 5/16
- Coaching to Enhance Performance- 5/30
- Dealing with Poor Performance- 6/13
36 total contact hours / 3.6 CEUs
Total cost of required courses is $925 – includes all course materials. Elective course fees vary. Participants register and pay per course.
- Refund policy:
- 100% refund if you withdraw from a class five or more business days before the class starts.
- A course voucher for 50% of the course fee if you withdraw four or fewer business days from the start date.
- There are no refunds once a class begins.
- WIA Approved: This program is also eligible for funding under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through the Maine CareerCenters. For more information visit: mainecareercenter.com/employment/training-adults
Track the progress of your certificate program with this form.
- Lynne Richards, M.B.A., www.leadinggenerations.com, is a member of the National Speaker's Association, and author and founder of Leading Generations, a training and leadership development firm. Lynne specializes in helping people develop their leadership and presentation skills. With over 20 years of experience in management and training, she brings a wealth of practical experience to the classroom.
Each course within this certificate program is taught by industry professionals. Click on the course descriptions above to view instructor biographies.
After you have met all certificate program requirements, complete the certificate completion form, and we will award your certificate.