The Office for Prior Learning Assessment offers several standardized testing instruments which have been evaluated by the USM faculty and the PLA Advisory Board, as credit options.
- The CLEP® (College Level Examination Program) can be scheduled through David Vardeman, Testing Associate, Prior Learning Assessment, at 207-780-4578 or firstname.lastname@example.org in 240 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland Campus.
- DSST® Examinations (Dantes) can be scheduled through the same Testing Associate at 207-780-4578 or email@example.com in Room 240 Luther Bonney Hall on the Portland Campus, where the tests are also given. PLA also accepts official score transcripts from the Educational Testing Service (ETS/CLEP) and Prometric (for DSST) if you have tested elsewhere.
- You may schedule exams through PLA for the Excelsior College Examination option, or transfer the official score transcripts for selected subjects into USM through PLA.
- If you are an incoming or prospective student, you may be interested to know that PLA/USM accepts official score transcripts for Advanced Placement Examinations you may have taken in high school. You must have achieved a 3 or higher on the exams.
- You may have also taken courses and their exams in high school through the International Baccalaureate® organization. If you have taken exams at the Higher Level and have achieved a 5 or better, you may submit your official score transcripts to PLA/USM for evaluation and possible credit.