“Moon Walk with USM Southworth Planetarium.” Join us at the USM Southworth Planetarium for a moon exploration with astronomer Edward Gleason, and as we go outside with our moon maps and explore the actual surface. 8:00 p.m.; doors open at 7:30 p.m. Rain date: Wednesday, August 21. Suggested $5 donation for Portland Trails members, $7 for non-members
Day Courses Fall 2016 Schedule!
Southworth Science Lecture Series 2016-2017. Next lecture "Water on Asteroid 24 Themis" Thursday, September 15 7:00 p.m.
- Admission Prices
- August 2016 Planetarium Show Schedule
- September 2016 Planetarium Show Schedule
- SPECIAL UPCOMING EVENTS
- "Radio Astronomy" radio program "Out There!" Friday, Sept 2 at 1:00 p.m.
- First Friday Art Walk: Friday, Sept 2 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Day Courses: High School Astronomy starts Sept 6 at 10:00 a.m.
- Day Courses: Middle School Astronomy starts Sept 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Day Courses: Physics starts September 12 at 10:00 a.m.
- The Astronomy Cafe: "Taming of the Telescope" Mon, Sept 12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Science Lecture: "Water on Asteroid 24 Themis" Thurs, Sept 15 7:00 p.m.
- Star Dome Astronomy Level I Starts Tues, Sept 20 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Philosopher's Dome: "Essence of the Infinite and Eternal" Sept 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Stone Circle Society meeting "Rollright Stones" Thurs, Oct 20 at 7:00 p.m.
Rainy Day? Sunny Day? See a show! We allow same-day group show reservations. Call today and see a show today!
- Birthday Parties at the Planetarium!
- Planetarium Outreach Events
- Planetarium Courses
- Day Courses
- The Astronomy Cafe "The Taming of the Telescope" Sept 12, 2016 7:00 p.m.
- Ask the Staff Astronomer!
- Night Sky Glossary
- The Stone Circle Society
- Planetarium Membership Program
- The Daily Astronomer
- Daily Astronomer Quiz Archive Page
- MID-WINTER'S EVE AT STONEHENGE
- The Philosopher's Dome: 09/26/16: "The Essence of the Infinite and Eternal."
- The Math Zone!
- Fly-by Astrophysics
- Astronomical Research Initiative
- August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse! (Note: It won't be total here in New England.)