Important Information for Non-UMS/Non-Degree Students and PLA
● All non-UMS students will be charged a $30 flat rate fee for the creation of a student account
and the posting of credit. This fee will be applicable regardless of the number of credits posted.
● The $30 represents a one-time fee for the creation of the student account. Students who wish to
have additional credits posted to their student account at a later date will not be re-assessed a
new $30 fee.
● For non-UMS students who wish to have exam credit posted, the $30 fee will be charged in
addition to the $30 test administration fee a non-UMS student pays to take a CLEP, DSST, BYU
FLATS, or NYU language exam at USM.
● For non-UMS students who wish to have portfolio credit posted, the $30 fee will be charged in
addition to the portfolio assessment fee. This fee will be assessed when credits are posted, as
consistent with current portfolio policy.
● UMS Alumni, former matriculated students, non-degree students, and former non-degree
students will NOT be charged the $30 fee.