Psychology Department forms
- Checksheet for psychology majors matriculated on or after Fall 2016 (new core; Word)
- Checksheet for psychology major matriculated on or after Fall 2016 (new core; fillable PDF)
- Checksheet for psychology majors matriculated before Fall 2011 (old core)
- Degree Progress Report Fall 2016 (Fillable PDF)
- Independent/Directed Study (PSY 400)
- Minor Checksheet
- Research or Teaching Assistant (PSY 401 or PSY 405) (Fillable PDF)
- Internship (PSY 410)
- Waiver for PSY 102
USM forms commonly requested by psychology majors (e.g. Application for Degree, Change of Major, or Declaration/Change of Minor for adding or dropping a minor) are found on the Registrar's forms page.
Policy on Repeated Course
When a student repeats a course and earns a grade of A, B, C, D, F, H, P, or LP, the initial grade remains on the transcript but only the later grade is used in computing the grade point average or for credit. No course in which one of the above grades has been earned may be repeated more than once without written permission of the dean or director of the appropriate school, college, or division. This policy does not apply to courses specifically designed to be repeated. Students should complete a Course Condition form each time they repeat a course [use link above for Registrar's Forms]. Courses intended to repeat University of Southern Maine courses may be taken at other institutions; such courses will be accepted in accordance with the University’s transfer policy. The transferred course accepted as a USM equivalent will receive USM credit but will not be calculated in the GPA; the original USM course that was repeated will remain on the student’s transcript but will be removed from both the credit and GPA calculations.