Update on Woodbury Campus Center Closure as of Monday 9/23/19 - more information on dining, bookstore, and other student services housed in Woodbury
Dear USM Community Members,
Thank you for your patience as we work through the logistics of relocating services from Woodbury to other parts of the Portland campus. Here is some updated information on the closure of Woodbury:
Food Pantry - 147 Luther Bonney
- The food pantry has been moved to 147 Luther Bonney and is ready to go for non-perishable items.
- It will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the rest of the week, which are the "normal" operating hours of the food pantry.
- President Cummings, Dean Jo Williams and Sodexo have each donated $200 (total of $600) to the Food Pantry so they can restock any items that were lost due to water damage.
Dining Services - 1st Floor Luther Bonney, 2nd floor Law School, 1st floor Glickman Library
Dining Services will be offering the following services until the Woodbury Food Court and Café reopen.
- Meal Equivalency will be extended to Luther Bonney, Maine Law Café and the Library Starbucks. A meal equivalency in these locations includes a cold entrée (salad or sandwich), two sides (fruit cup, breakfast bar, chips, cookie, etc) and a beverage (hot coffee or bottled beverage). Hours of Operation for these locations can be found on our website usm.sodexomyway.com.
- There will be a BBQ served daily from 11:00am – 2:00pm (Monday – Friday) by the Community Garden for meal plan participants to enjoy a hot meal via meal swipe.
- The Green to Go Program in Brooks Dining Hall, Gorham Campus, is available for students to prepare and pack a meal from the main dining hall to take with them to Portland for the day.
Please understand that while Woodbury provided hot meal options in its own right, it also was the main hub for all retail and catering dining options on the Portland Campus. We are working to come up with a plan to get hot items into our retail locations via the Gorham Campus, but there will be some delays as we work through the demand. Please expect additional delays in our Portland Retail Dining Facilities as guests who would normally dine with us in Woodbury are exploring these additional options. Catering should not be affected, but will be coming out of the Gorham Campus.
Students who are still struggling to find options outside of these temporary services above, please reach out to Tadd Stone, General Manager for Dining Services at email@example.com.
University Store (bookstore) - 1st Floor Glickman Library Study Room and Entryway
Students who have ordered books can pick them up at the 1st floor Glickman Library Study Room - next to the front desk area.
- A Pop-up University Store (bookstore) will be located daily in the entryway to the library.
- Please be patient as we work to set up this Pop-up shop for you tomorrow.
Meditation & Prayer Space - 714 Glickman Library
This is the small study room at the top of Glickman. If you need any assistance please contact the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 780-4035.
Student Government Association - 212 Abromson
- This office will be set up tomorrow for the SGA.
Student Affairs/Dean of Students, Diversity Center and Student Open Space
- We are finalizing the locations for these offices, more information will be coming tomorrow.
- We are working to create good space for our students and we are exploring spaces in the Science building, Sullivan and Abromson.
- Commuter Appreciation Week is still on! All programming will still take place.
- The Student Affairs and Dean of Student staff are working to relocate all programs that were scheduled in Woodbury.
Woodbury Student Center will remain closed for at least 2 weeks+. Access to the building is through John Souther, Executive Director of Facilities Management. John and his team are working hard to relocate services, determine the cause of the burst fire main, repair the fire main and clean up from the damage. Thank you, John and all Facilities Management staff.
Another update will be sent to you tomorrow. Thank you again for your patience.
Nancy Davis Griffin
Chief Operations Officer