Browse research and scholarship of USM Faculty.
- This publications repository is a service of the University of Southern Maine libraries. Research and scholarly output included here in the Digital Commons has been selected and deposited by the individual departments and centers of the University.
The Free Press is the official student newspaper of the University of Southern Maine, offering news and commentary for the USM community.
- The Free Press reaches an estimated 10,000 students of USM, their friends and families on the Portland, Gorham and Lewiston-Auburn campuses as well as in the greater Portland and Lewiston-Auburn communities.
- The Free Press publishes on Mondays throughout the Fall and Spring semesters — approximately 22 issues per year. Published are 2,800 – 3,000 copies of every issue, which are dropped off at 44 different locations on the Portland and Gorham campuses and also at 17 off-campus locations in Portland and Gorham.
WMPG is a community radio station broadcasting from Portland, located on Bedford Street at the University of Southern Maine Portland Campus.
- WMPG is affiliated with the University, and a mix of USM students and volunteers from the greater Portland community produce all the music and local public affairs programs broadcasting on 90.9 FM.
- WMPG broadcasts streaming online 24/7 and the programming guide and contact info is available at their website along with a large number of archived programs.
- The station features diverse programming ranging from rock to jazz to foreign to local or global issues, and more.
- In addition to on-air content, the station now hosts a series of podcasts, including "USM NOW," a collaboration between WMPG and the Office of Public Affairs highlighting faculty, staff, students and alumni talking about topics including groundbreaking research, workforce development, thought-provoking events, the arts, student life, studying abroad and more.