- Contact the appropriate Office of Public Affairs staff member for your media request.
- Need to see a press release again? View our press release archive.
- Featured news from USM as produced by the Office of Public Affairs.
- University demographic data, financial aid and donor information, updated for 2017-2018.
- The Office of Public Affairs uses AP Style. Beyond that, the Editorial Style Standards are a guide to the proper style and usage of university terminology, including department names, programs, buildings and initiatives.
- A bank of images curated and managed by the Office of Marketing and Brand Management.
USM Brand Book (Brand Standards)
- The official guide to USM branding, including proper university color, image or logo use.
- Please note: The Brand Standards for university print publications — which make use of The Chicago Manual of Style — differ from the Editorial Style Standards, which use AP Style.
- The University of Southern Maine logo has evolved over the years. The current logo is available for download through the Office of Marketing and Brand Management.
- News media should download the current logo for digital use.
- A brief description of USM for use in press releases, media advisories, etc.
Situated in Maine’s economic and cultural center, the University of Southern Maine (USM) is a public university with 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students taking courses online and at campuses in Portland, Gorham and Lewiston-Auburn. Known for its academic excellence, student focus and engagement with the community, USM provides students with hands-on experience that complements classroom learning and leads to employment opportunities in one of the nation’s most desirable places to live.
"The University of Maine System does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities."
- Visit the Office of Equal Opportunity page for more information.