USM’s Research Administration and Development is offering a faculty professional development workshop in grant writing for tenure-track and tenured faculty at USM. The workshop is comprised of four, 3-hour sessions. Dr. Terry Shehata, Grants Development Specialist and Coordinator for Institutional and Research Grants Development, and Larry Waxler, Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs, will conduct the workshop. The workshop outcomes are:
- Understand the essential components of a grant proposal package.
- Ability to customize a proposal to match a grant maker's interest.
- Know how to initially approach a funder
- Know the differences between government and foundation proposals.
- Know how to report on a grant's progress and impact.
- Know how to develop working relationships with grant makers.
- Know what to do if your proposal is denied (don't give up!).
- Understand the behind-the-scenes decisions that determine proposal acceptance and denial.
The sessions are scheduled on Fridays from 9 am to noon on October 12, November 2, December 7, 2012 and January 18, 2013.
The location of the workshop is the Seminar Room (Rm 227) on the second floor of the Glickman Library. (Download agenda)
Faculty who are interested in signing up for the workshop should contact Dr. Terry Shehata by phone at 228-8239 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.