Welcome to living on campus! There can be a lot to navigate as a new campus resident, so we hope these informational tidbits are helpful!
How do I...
- Get mail?
You may find your mailbox and combination in your Residential Life and Housing portal. Go to your MyUSM portal at https://my.usm.maine.edu. Log in, go to USM Quick Links on the left, select "Residential Life and Housing Portal" and click on the "Mail Information" button.
Your mailbox is in the basement of Upton Hall next to the Mail Services department, and letter size mail will be delivered to it. When a package is received for you, Mail Services will send you an e-mail. You may pick up packages in Mail Services by presenting your USM ID card.
Address mail to be delivered to you as:
USM Unit # x-xxx (this is your mailbox number, a capital letter and 3 number combination)
37 College Ave.
Gorham, ME 04038
Outgoing stamped mail may be dropped off at Mail Services in the basement of Upton Hall.
- Connect my device to Eduroam Wifi?
Follow these simple steps to register a device to the “eduroam” WiFi network
1. Connect your device to the "eduroam-setup" Wi-Fi SSID.
If nothing appears, open a web browser and go to http://maine.edu (don't use https://).
2. You will be redirected to the eduroam-setup device onboarding portal.
3. Login using your "@maine.edu" credentials to begin the process.
Note: Because eduroam is a global system, you need to enter the username in “firstname.lastname@example.org“ form.
4. Follow the instructions on each page carefully and wait for each step to complete.
5. Most devices require an app to install client certificates and modify network settings for the “eduroam” profile on your device; it can be deleted once complete. For Windows and macOS it will download directly from the portal; for Android you must click a play store link, then install and open the Cisco Network Setup Assistant app.
6. Windows, macOS, and Android users will automatically switch to the “eduroam” SSID. Apple does not allow iOS to be automatically switched to the SSID, so iOS users will see a message instead that asks them to open Settings and switch to the “eduroam” SSID.
You can now use the eduroam SSID at UMS campuses or remote participating institutions globally for a period of up to 5 years.
- Change my meal plan?
For Spring 2021: Meal plan changes may be made by upperclass students, and first year students who are continuing on campus from the fall semester, during the first two weeks of the spring semester. Fill out a meal plan change form at the check in desk in Brooks Dining Center. Keep in mind that all newly assigned spring first year students are required to be on the 19 meal plan for the spring semester, and may not change it. You can use your meal plan in Portland, too. Further nformation about meal plans, hours, the Bite app, and more is at https://usm.sodexomyway.com/.
- Catch the bus?
In Gorham, the bus picks up and drops off in front of Bailey Hall. You will need to present your student ID card. The schedule and more information can be found at the Metro Husky Line page on the Public Safety website.
- Get let in to my room if I'm locked out?
1. Check if your roommate (if you are in an apartment or suite) is around campus and can let you in.
2. Call 207-780-5240 during business hours, 8am-Noon and 1pm-4:30pm, Mon- Fri. (closed for lunch 12-1, and for staff meeting every Tuesday from 10am-Noon).
3. If you have gone through the above options and cannot reach someone, call USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211.
- Report an issue in my room/with the laundry room/with my card?
This handy page answers those questions and more!
- Watch TV in my room?
Connect to the Apogee streaming service
- Get involved?
Check out all of the events and organizations through Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Stay informed?
Check the Facebook pages for Residential Life, Student Engagement, and your USM class year. Look out for fliers and posters in your hall. Explore the USM website and calendar. Check your USM e-mail!