Office of Residential Life

Residence Hall Work Order Request

I need help with an issue in my room!

Below are a number of ways to submit various concerns for your room or building. If at any time you are unsure of where to submit an issue, please contact Residential Life and we can assist in connecting you with the right tools.

If this is an emergency…

For Emergency maintenance items, please contact your RA or RD, or if no one is available, contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211. Examples of emergency situations are:

-          Overflowing toilets

-          All lights out in your room

-          No electricity in your room

-          A broken window

-          Immediate safety issues

-          Doors unable to close

-          Complete lack of heat

For Streaming Apogee TV Issues

For 24/7/365 Support:

  • Call:  833-548-8632 (Add to your contacts for easy access)

  • Text:  “MyStream2” to 84700

  • Chat:

  • FAQ’s:

For Laundry Machine Issues

Laundry machine problems – You can report an issue directly here: 
You will need the machine ID number (three numbers, a dash, and three letters) and the error code or issue. 

For Internet problems

Check out some common solutions at here.

Still having trouble?  Report an issue by calling the Technology Support Center at 207-780-4029.

For key issues:

For lost keys and locks that are not working properly, please connect with your RA, RD, or Residential Life.  If it is an emergency, please contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211.

Card Access Problems

Feel free to stop by Card Services in the Upton Hall Basement (next to Mail Services), or reach out to your Resident Director. If it is an emergency, please contact USM Public Safety at 207-780-5211.

For Maintenance issues that need attention or repair…

To submit an electronic work request, log into your MyCampus portal ( go to the Technology & Resources link at the top of the page, and click on Facilities Management. On their site, select "Facilities Management Forms" and then "Facilities Management Request Form". Follow the dropdown menus and select the applicable fields. Important tip: Always put your room number and hall name in the detailed Description box, along with the details of the problem.

You should always select the Maintenance/repair request type. If there are any questions or if further assistance is needed, please contact Facilities Management. Some issues that will require your Resident Director to submit a request on your behalf include lost keys/lock changes.

This form is for non-emergency maintenance and repair requests to Facilities Management. Some examples of non-emergency requests would be:

-          Replacing a light bulb

-          Room is too hot or too cold

-          An outlet is not working

-          A window screen is missing

-          A window blind or shade is broken or missing

-          A bathroom sink, toilet, or shower is running, but not flooding

-          There is a mess that needs to be cleaned up, paper towels need restocking

-          Microfridge repair or replacement

What if I report an issue and don’t get a response?

Please contact Residential Life and we can assist with following up and getting a timely response to your request.