Please be aware that Covid testing will be required and conducted a number of times over the summer for all residents. As we shape policies and finalize testing processes, we will share more information.
Taking classes at USM this summer, or matriculated and pre-registered for fall 2021 USM classes? Summer housing is available for you, and there's no application fee! To apply, log into your MyUSM campus portal (https://my.usm.maine.edu) and choose USM Quick Links on the left. Click on "Residential Life and Housing Portal" and then select "Apply for Summer Housing".
Non-enrolled USM students, non-matriculated USM students, and USM seniors graduating May 2021 are not eligible for summer housing.
Non-USM students participating in a local internship
See the Non-USM students with local internships section at the bottom of this page for the intern housing application link, rates, dates, and more.
All summer residents will be required at check-in to sign and agree to interim community standards until such time these rules can be relaxed. Please review these requirements before applying for housing, as they may impact your decision to apply.
Summer housing on the Gorham campus in Upperclass Hall features:
- Air conditioned 4-person single apartments, 2-person double suites, and a few 2-person double apartments (double apartments are billed at the suite rate). Note that due to Covid, capacity in 4 person double suites and 4 person double apartments has been reduced for summer to 2 people, so each person in summer housing has their own bedroom.
- Events and activities organized by your hall staff
- All-inclusive price includes furnished rooms, internet, streaming TV service, electricity, hot water
- Electronic ID access to the building and rooms
- Option to continue your stay through the gap between summer and fall (only for USM students staying for the full summer who also have an active USM fall housing assignment)
Room Type - all bedrooms furnished with regular twin size beds, desks, desk chairs, dressers, closets. Suites come with a living room couch and chair. Apartments come with a living room couch, chair, and dining table and four chairs. All showers come with a shower curtain.
USM student full Summer 2021 rates from May 10-Aug 21. Partial stays will be prorated based on application arrival and departure dates.
4-person single apartment
2-person double apartment (THESE ARE NOW FULL and UNAVAILABLE)
Cancellation and refund policy for USM students
* Cancellation in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to check-in date: 100% refund
* Cancellation in writing to email@example.com after arrival and check-in: room rate will be prorated based on date of official check-out and confirmation from hall staff that room has been vacated and cleaned.
Payment Information for USM students
Assignment confirmation and balance due amount will be e-mailed to you. Any past due balance on a University account must be cleared before an assignment is made. Payment in full is due prior to moving into the residence hall if your stay is less than the full summer session.
A three-payment plan option, with an enrollment deadline of May 15, 2021, may be available for those USM students planning to live in housing for the full summer. Contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up this payment plan. Contact them to discuss your payment plan options if you are assigned to housing after May 15th.
The details on the optional gap stay for USM students (3 scenarios)
- USM students staying for the full summer from May until August 21st, who have a fall 2021 room assignment at USM and are registered for USM fall classes, may move into their fall 2021 room assignment at the end of summer session and stay through the gap period between the end of summer term and the start of fall term at no additional charge.
- Other USM summer students wishing to stay for the gap from August 21 - August 30 must have a summer move in date of July 4 or earlier, must be continuing in summer housing for the remainder of the summer session, and must have a fall 2021 room assignment at USM. An additional $140.00 charge will be applied to the student’s account for the gap period.
- Students without a fall 2021 room assignment and/or who move into summer housing on or after July 5 are ineligible to live on campus for the gap period from August 21-August 30, and must move out at the end of summer session or by their indicated check out date on their application, whichever is earlier.
Non-USM students with local internships
Non-USM interns may apply by going to this link. Housing will be offered to interns on our Gorham campus, which is about a 20 minute drive to Portland.
Housing dates for summer interns run between Saturday, May 15th (earliest move in date) and Saturday, August 14th (latest move out date). Full summer rates (based on move in and move out dates listed above) are:
- $2,215.00 for a two person, two bedroom suite or two person, two bedroom apartment
- $2,425.00 for a four person, four single bedroom apartment
- Rates are all per person, not per suite or apartment
- Interns with shorter stays will be charged a prorated housing rate, based on the check in and check out dates indicated on their housing application.
- Cancellations and confirmed check out up until the mid-point of assigned stay would be prorated. Cancellations and confirmed check outs after the mid-point of assigned stay would receive no refund.
Payment for intern housing is due in full prior to check in, and may be made by bank check or money order. We cannot take credit cards, and do not offer payment plans. Companies paying for intern housing should contact our office at email@example.com to discuss billing options.
Questions? Contact our office at 207-780-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.