Summer Housing 2022
Due to some cancellations, we are once again able to open up the intern housing intake form and accept applications.
USM student applications are still being accepted.
USM offers summer housing in Upperclass Hall on the Gorham campus, located roughly 12 miles from Portland, and within about a 25 minute drive to Portland's downtown. Summer housing is open to matriculated, enrolled USM students, University of Maine System interns, and enrolled interns attending other universities who have a local, in-person internship.
Summer housing features:
- Air conditioned suites and apartments
- Events and activities organized by your hall staff
- All-inclusive price with furnished rooms, wireless internet, streaming TV service, electricity, hot water
- Electronic ID access to the building and rooms
- Free laundry
- Free rides on the Metro Husky Line with your USM photo ID
- Convenient, walkable access to downtown Gorham grocery stores, banks, pharmacy, farmers market, and more
All bedrooms come furnished with regular twin size beds, desks, desk chairs, dressers, and closets. The closets are open and do not have doors or curtains.
4-person single apartment includes: **APARTMENTS ARE NOW FULL**
4-person suite includes: **AVAILABLE!**
4-person double apartment includes: **APARTMENTS ARE NOW FULL**
USM and UMS students must be in compliance with the University of Maine System vaccination policy.
Outside interns must submit proof of vaccination to live on campus.
How to Apply
- USM enrolled, matriculated students click here for more info
- USM and University of Maine System interns click here for more info
- Interns outside of UMS - click here for more info (updated 5/9/22)