Welcome fall 2017 residents!
We are excited to welcome new and returning residents to the Gorham campus, and we have many friendly people ready to help you get settled in over the weekend!
New students move in Friday, August 25, 2017.
9am - Upton, Woodward, Philippi
10am - Robie, Anderson
11am - Hastings, Andrews, Upperclass
Students returning to USM move in Sunday, August 27 between 8am and noon. Returners do not have a specific hour slot, just the four hour move in time frame.
- Find your way to campus: Map and Directions to the Gorham Campus. The Gorham Campus Parking Map is also helpful!
- When you arrive on campus on Friday, Public Safety and other volunteers will direct you to drive to your assigned residence hall. Special travel lanes and lanes for unloading will be indicated as you move around campus. At your residence hall, Pack Leaders (volunteer returning residents) will help you unload your car. The Resident Assistant staff will check you in; you will sign your Room Condition Report, get your key or temporary room access card, and pick up other materials at check in. The Pack Leaders will help you move your items to your room and help, along with hall staff, get you to events over the weekend.
- Parents or drivers will move their vehicles to designated parking areas once the vehicle is unloaded.
- Enjoy the many welcome events, orientation sessions, floor meetings, and more beginning Friday and continuing through the weekend!
Wondering what to bring or what not to bring? Check our Frequently Asked Questions page for helpful tips!
If you are in an enhanced occupancy room or temporary triple, read our Guide to Enhanced Occupancy Rooms to learn more about the breakdown process.
If you don't have a USM ID card, visit Campus Card Services in the basement of Upton.
One last thing - not sure of your housing assignment? You can check it through your MaineStreet account by following these directions:
1. Navigate to MaineStreet (via my.usm.maine.edu OR at directly via the MaineStreet website).
2. Use your USM digital ID to log in. For example: email@example.com, the login would be first.lastname and then your SAME password for your e-mail.
3. Login --> Select Student Self Service from the left-hand menu block --> Click the hyperlink Student Center.
4. From the top dropdown selections, click Main Menu --> Self Service --> Residence Life --> View My Contracts. Though only the final selection will load a new page, you have to physically click each navigational title, as the next generated selected will not appear automatically.
5. The View My Contracts page will then load with your housing assignment. If you have lived on campus prior, your room assignment will be the first room on the list (2017 Fall term)
6. For your roommate assignment, click on the room assignment for that term (ex. Upton 121). Please ensure that your pop-up blockers are off or else this screen will not load!
Please feel free to stop by our office in 125 Upton Hall on Friday to say hello!