The Edna Frances Dickey Scholarship was established at the University of Southern Maine in the year 2000 by Miss Esther E. Wood in honor of her friendship with Miss Dickey. Edna Dickey taught History and Bible Studies at the University from 1946 until 1973. Miss Wood taught American and Maine History at USM from 1930 until 1972.
- Must be a part-time or full-time undergraduate student who is pursuing a degree in the Arts and Humanities program from Lewiston-Auburn College (not campus specific).
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Will be awarded based on financial need determined by completing FAFSA.
- The recipient is also chosen on the basis of academic achievement and demonstrated interest in history, religious studies, or teaching.
How to Apply
- Complete the LAC General Scholarship application, including:
- a 200 word essay describing your interests.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
(See page 2 of LAC General Scholarship Application for instructions.)
How to Renew
This scholarship is not renewable.