- Awarded to transfer students based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, or other criteria.
- Annual Award:
- In State $4,000
- Out of State $12,000
- Transfer student merit scholarships are awarded up to 3 years with full-time enrollment (15 credit hours per semester) and a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Students must complete a USM application. Including the submission of their official college transcripts and high school transcript if they have not earned an associates degree already.
- Only first time Bachelor's Degree seekers are eligible for Merit Scholarships.
- Students admitted conditionally are not eligible for Merit Scholarships.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during Fall and Spring semesters.
- For continued eligibility students must also complete 30 credits per academic year (including summer, fall, winter, spring terms). A typical course load consists of 15 credits.
How to Apply
All qualified incoming transfer students who complete a USM application — including your official college and high school transcripts if you have not earned an associates degree — will be automatically considered.
How to Renew
- Maintain full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credits Fall and Spring semesters) and a 2.5 GPA.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits per Fall and Spring semester and 30 credits per academic year (including summer, fall, winter, spring terms).
Questions on renewal should be directed to Nancy Varin via email or call 207-780-5330.